BEND, Ore. (AP) — The Cascades Lakes Highway in central Oregon is expected to open on Thursday.
Deschutes County officials tell The Bulletin that the 66-mile (106-kilometer) highway that’s been closed since November could have limited parking at higher elevations due to snow.
The county’s road department each year tries to have the highway open by Memorial Day in late May.
Last year, snow and ice kept the road closed until June 5.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trapped at a waterfall, they sent an SOS message in a water bottle and were rescued
- Warren says her tax plan asks just 'two cents' of the super-rich. How much of a hit would they take?
- US couple accused of ditching adopted girl, moving to Canada
- New Zealand worker feared he might lose his job, so he brought an emotional-support clown to work
- President Trump blamed energy-saving bulbs for making him look orange. Experts say probably not.
Information from: The Bulletin, http://www.bendbulletin.com