BEND, Ore. (AP) — The Cascades Lakes Highway in central Oregon is expected to open on Thursday.
Deschutes County officials tell The Bulletin that the 66-mile (106-kilometer) highway that’s been closed since November could have limited parking at higher elevations due to snow.
The county’s road department each year tries to have the highway open by Memorial Day in late May.
Last year, snow and ice kept the road closed until June 5.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A North Carolina teen didn't come home. An iPhone app led her mother to a ravine.
- Severed head of prehistoric wolf found in Siberia, perfectly preserved
- High court avoids new case over same-sex wedding cake
- Egypt's ousted president Morsi dies in court during trial VIEW
- High court lets Virginia voting go ahead under redrawn map
Information from: The Bulletin, http://www.bendbulletin.com