ATLANTA (AP) — An auction raising money for the human rights organization founded by Jimmy Carter will include a four-poster bed designed by the former president.
The annual event raises money for The Carter Center, which is based in Atlanta. The auction is part of a four-day retreat to be held this year near Lake Tahoe, Calif. from June 21 to 25.
Other items up for bid include three paintings by Carter, a navy-blue blazer Carter wore at the 1988 Democratic National Convention, guitars signed by Van Halen and Elton John and a private concert by Peter Yarrow of the folk group Peter, Paul and Mary.
Last year, the event raised a record-breaking $3.7 million for the organization that Carter and his wife, Rosalynn Carter, formed in 1982.
Most Read Stories
- Give to panhandlers or don’t? Some towns try cracking down
- Ex-Seahawk Marshawn Lynch watches Raiders game from the stands, rides BART train after being ejected
- Seattle startup co-founder Matt Bencke was ‘a force of nature’ | Obituary
- A chilly La Niña winter likely in Pacific Northwest, but don’t fret about drenching of last year
- Check out this new drone footage of the Bertha-dug Highway 99 tunnel WATCH