NEW ORLEANS (AP) — Authorities say a carnival worker who’s accused of touching two teenage girls at a festival in Louisiana has been arrested.
News outlets report 20-year-old Cody Johnson, of Kewanee, Illinois, is accused of inappropriately touching the victims while securing them into a ride Sunday at the Hurricane Festival, an annual fundraiser for the Cut Off Youth Center.
Johnson was employed by an amusement contractor that provided rides and games for the festival.
Lafourche Parish Sheriff Craig Webre says the victims reported being touched in separate incidents. Detectives learned Johnson asked one of the girls about their age.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- What a 'super' El Niño could mean for winter weather in the U.S.
- Sen. Dianne Feinstein of California, trailblazer and champion of liberal priorities, dies at age 90
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Plane that crashed, killing Rep. Peltola's husband, had over 500 pounds of meat and antlers on board
- Proud Boy who disappeared ahead of his Jan. 6 sentencing was found unconscious by agents at his home
Johnson was charged with two counts of indecent behavior with juveniles.
The Cut Off Youth Center said in a statement that the ride company will not be rehired.
It’s unclear if Johnson has a lawyer.