BURBANK, Calif. (AP) — Authorities say a suspect was arrested after he carjacked an SUV, crashed into several cars and then struggled with an officer during a wild chase near Los Angeles.
The California Highway Patrol says officers tried to pull the suspect over after he was spotted driving erratically on a freeway in Pasadena Wednesday. The CHP lost sight of the suspect but a few minutes later responded to reports of a crash and a carjacking nearby.
The SUV owner, Carolien Fehmers, told reporters she was rear-ended. She says when she got out of the vehicle a man jumped into the driver’s seat and sped off. No injuries were reported.
The suspect, who was not identified, was pulled from the SUV after sideswiping several cars and driving on a sidewalk and a lawn.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- New research hints at 4 factors that may increase chances of long COVID
- They had COVID-19 once. Then, they got it again.
- Rare eagle seen in Maine, wowing birders, might stay a bit
- Justice Breyer to retire, giving Biden first court pick
- CDC travel warning flags 5 Caribbean destinations as 'very high' risk for COVID-19