BURLINGTON, Vt. — The Vermont Progressive Party in Burlington is endorsing the stepdaughter of Sen. Bernie Sanders in the race for mayor.
During a caucus Wednesday night, the independent Carina Driscoll defeated independent Infinite Culcleasure in balloting for the endorsement. Both have announced a run against incumbent Democratic Mayor Miro Weinberger.
So far, there are no Republican candidates running for mayor.
Driscoll on Monday made her candidacy official for an office famously held by her independent stepfather. Driscoll says she hopes to run a unifying campaign and will campaign as an independent despite receiving the Progressive endorsement.
Most Read Stories
- Amazon Go cashierless convenience store opens to the public in Seattle VIEW
- Are you ready? Here comes a deluge of rain, snow across Western Washington
- Undersea quake sends Alaskans fleeing from feared tsunami VIEW
- Amazon Go draws crowds: How does it work? Answers to questions on the new retail store
- Analysis | Why did the Seahawks move on from Kris Richard as defensive coordinator? A look at the numbers
Culcleasure says he still plans to run.