ATCHISON, Kan. (AP) — A Leavenworth woman admitted in court that she mistreated an elderly man she was supposed to be caring for at an Atchison residential care facility.
Thirty-eight-year-old Tammy Puckett on Friday pleaded guilty to mistreatment of a dependent person.
Atchison County Attorney Jerry Kuckelman said that Puckett was employed at Medicalodge in Atchison. He said in March she didn’t provide for the physical and mental needs of an 80-year-old man who was dependent on her. The details of the neglect were not released.
The St. Joseph News-Press reports that sentencing is scheduled for June 15.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Iraq broils in dangerous 120-degree heat as power grid shuts down
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Clu Gulager, rugged character actor of film and TV, dies at 93
- Russian men, dying in war, leave many families sad, angry and silent
- Flooding washes away Kentucky coal country stalwarts
Puckett is out of jail on $15,000 bond.
Information from: St. Joseph News-Press/St. Joe, Missouri, http://www.newspressnow.com