KENDALL, N.Y. (AP) — Police are investigating whether carbon monoxide poisoning played a role the deaths of a mother and son who were found inside a home in upstate New York.
Firefighters responded to the home west of Rochester around 7:30 p.m. Wednesday for reports of a propane gas leak. They arrived to find the bodies of 38-year-old Joan Gilman and her 14-year-old son Richard Gilman Jr.
Police say electricity had been turned off at the Town of Kendall home several days ago. A portable generator was being used for power, as well as propane-run appliances.
The two bodies have been taken to the Monroe County Medical Examiner’s Office to determine the official cause of death.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Iraq broils in dangerous 120-degree heat as power grid shuts down
- Trump says FBI searched estate in major escalation of probe
- Forest Service ‘legend’ among the four killed in McKinney fire
- Trump did flush ripped-up papers down toilets, photos in upcoming book reveal
- How the Inflation Reduction Act might impact you — and change the U.S.