MITCHELL, S.D. (AP) — A carbon monoxide leak inside a tattoo shop prompted the temporary closure of a portion of Mitchell’s Main Street.
The Daily Republic reports that emergency responders and officials with NorthWestern Energy responded to Hardcore Inc. shortly before 4:30 p.m. Tuesday.
Fire Department Battalion Chief Steve Nedved says an unvented water heater in the building’s basement caused carbon monoxide to get sucked into a furnace.
Carbon monoxide is a potentially deadly gas. No one was inside the building at the time and no injuries were reported.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Nation's new aircraft carrier enters next phase at shipyard
- John Cynn claims World Series of Poker title, wins $8.8M VIEW
- Trump's remarks about changing European culture draw ire WATCH
- Meet the brains behind the 'Trump Baby' balloon
- Arizona man arrested after trying to pull over troopers
Information from: The Daily Republic, http://www.mitchellrepublic.com