MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) — Officials say carbon monoxide poisoning is believed to have killed three people, including an infant, in a home in Tennessee.
Shelby County Sheriff’s Office spokesman Earle Farrell said two male adults and an infant in diapers were found Friday morning in a home in Memphis.
Farrell said the home’s electricity had been cut off and the residents had been running a gas-powered generator inside the house. Farrell said a landlord had gone to the house with a Memphis Light, Gas & Water worker to turn the power back on when the bodies were found.
Farrell said the deaths likely were caused by carbon monoxide poisoning, though a coroner will establish the official cause.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Alec Baldwin wonders whether Trump's 'SNL' attack poses 'a threat to my safety'
- Newspaper calls for KKK resurgence, schools rescind honors
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- Sen. Bernie Sanders says he's running for president in 2020 WATCH
- Intimidation, pressure and humiliation: Inside Trump’s two-year war on the investigations encircling him VIEW