MANASSAS, Va. (AP) — An employee of a car wash in northern Virginia has been killed after another employee set off a chain-reaction accident.
Prince William County police said a 19-year-old male employee of the Soap and Suds Carwash was attempting to move a 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Saturday from the back entrance after the vehicle had been washed.
As the vehicle moved forward, it collided with a 2011 Dodge Ram, which then hit a 2011 Scion SD. The vehicle then struck a female employee. The woman died at a hospital
Police identified her as 38-year-old Paula Margarita Rogel, of Manassas. The cause of the collision is being investigated.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- How to find a quality mask (and avoid counterfeits)
- Popular TV anchor catches COVID for a second time: 'This virus is scary'
- Tonga volcano's eruption was so forceful, it may have helped clear Seattle's fog
- They relied on rapid COVID tests to gather safely; now some wish they hadn't
- Cracker Barrel served a cleaning chemical to a customer; now the restaurant must pay him $9.3M