SHORT PUMP, Va. (AP) — Two children in Virginia have been seriously hurt after a vehicle lost control and struck a group of people sledding.
The Richmond Times-Dispatch reported that the accident occurred late Saturday afternoon near Short Pump, Virginia. Police said the Nissan Xterra SUV had lost control, flipped and rolled down an embankment before hitting the group.
Several children were sledding together. Two of them were taken to a local hospital with serious injuries.
Police did not release information about the driver or the ages of the children who were injured. The crash remains under investigation.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- California parents of 13 plead guilty to torture, abuse VIEW
- Man's shooting-range wedding proposal was right on target
- In war, as with California wildfires, heroism lives next to horror
- Fire deaths rise to 71 ahead of Trump's California visit WATCH
Information from: Richmond Times-Dispatch, http://www.richmond.com