WICHITA, Kan. (AP) — Authorities are searching for a motorist who fled from police and then drove a car into the Arkansas River in Wichita.
Wichita police Officer Charley Davidson says officers began pursuing the vehicle Sunday after the driver was seen leaving an area where a disturbance involving a weapon had been reported. The Wichita Eagle reports that officers ended the chase because the car was being driver recklessly. The car was spotted in the river a short time later. The car was empty, and the driver couldn’t be found.
Anyone with information is urged to call police.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Bezos lashes out at Biden over call for lowering of gas prices
- 6 dead, 30 hurt in shooting at Chicago-area July 4 parade
- After Roe, architect of Texas abortion law sets sights on gay marriage and more
- Updated COVID shots are coming. Will they be too late?
- 3 feet of rain sets up 4th round of flood misery for Sydney
Information from: The Wichita (Kan.) Eagle, http://www.kansas.com