WALDOBORO, Maine (AP) — Authorities are investigating how a car landed upside down in a Maine river in a crash that left one person dead.
Waldoboro Police Chief Labombarde told the Courier-Gazette that a passerby saw the vehicle on its roof in the Medomak River early Sunday river. He says there was one female victim found dead in the car.
Police say they don’t know how long the vehicle was in the water or how it ended up there.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Where you're most likely to catch COVID: New study highlights high-risk locations
- Reporter is hit by car on air, striking a nerve with TV journalists
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- You had breakthrough COVID. Can you start living like it’s 2019?
- McConnell: Black people vote at similar rates to 'Americans'
Information from: Portland Press Herald, http://www.pressherald.com