WINDOW ROCK, Ariz. (AP) — Navajo Nation police say a man has been arrested for allegedly driving impaired and crashing into school bus south of the Whippoorwill Chapter House.
They say all seven children aboard the bus escaped injury in Monday afternoon’s accident, and the driver didn’t need medical attention.
Police say the impaired driver of the car was found in a wash west of the crash scene and had a strong odor of alcohol on his breath.
They say 33-year-old Virgil Yellowhorse was taken into custody on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol, seven counts of endangerment to the welfare of a minor and nine counts of aggravated battery.
Most Read Stories
- Man who accused Ed Murray of sexual abuse found dead in Auburn motel WATCH
- After 911 calls and a lockdown at Highline College, police find 'zero evidence' of a shooting VIEW
- Snow in Seattle? Freezing temperatures? 'Be ready for it'
- Everett teen arrested after grandmother finds journal detailing school-shooting plot, police say
- King County Republican chair criticized after telling gun-control advocate 'Do not ever contact me again'
It was unclear Tuesday if Yellowhorse has a lawyer yet.
Two men who were passengers in the car were arrested for public intoxication.