WINDOW ROCK, Ariz. (AP) — Navajo Nation police say a man has been arrested for allegedly driving impaired and crashing into school bus south of the Whippoorwill Chapter House.
They say all seven children aboard the bus escaped injury in Monday afternoon’s accident, and the driver didn’t need medical attention.
Police say the impaired driver of the car was found in a wash west of the crash scene and had a strong odor of alcohol on his breath.
They say 33-year-old Virgil Yellowhorse was taken into custody on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol, seven counts of endangerment to the welfare of a minor and nine counts of aggravated battery.
Most Read Stories
- 'The Big Dark': Satellite image shows future rain clouds stretching from China to Puget Sound
- Police: Lynnwood 6-year-old drowned in bathtub by visiting relative
- Seattle leaders look to push ‘refresh’ button with Amazon for ‘a new relationship’
- Why Seattleites love to hate the umbrella
- Boeing rivals Airbus, Bombardier join forces on CSeries jet seen as threat to 737
It was unclear Tuesday if Yellowhorse has a lawyer yet.
Two men who were passengers in the car were arrested for public intoxication.