WATERVILLE, Maine (AP) — A car has crashed into a horse-drawn hayride in Maine, injuring seven people, including one seriously.
The hayride in Waterville on Friday was part of an annual Christmas Day event at the city’s Elks Lodge.
Police say the hayride was carrying 15 passengers at the time of the crash. They say six of the seven people who were injured were treated at local hospitals and released. One was flown to a hospital in Portland. That person’s condition wasn’t immediately available.
The hayride was part of the Lodge’s annual Central Maine Family Dinner that typically draws hundreds of people.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Forced to play in 'panties,' the Norwegian beach handball team decided they'd had enough
- Why so many people have the worst summer cold ever
- Trans model makes Sports Illustrated swimsuit cover history: 'If you don't like it, you can go somewhere else'
- A giant red hamster wheel washed up on a Florida beach. And a man was inside
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Authorities continue to investigate the cause of the crash.