PHOENIX (AP) — A rollover crash on Interstate 10 in downtown Phoenix has killed two and injured seven.
The Arizona Department of Public Safety news release says a Chevrolet Tahoe driving east lost the left rear tire tread at around 3 p.m. Sunday. The driver lost control of the vehicle, which crossed the median before rolling over and stopping in the westbound lane.
The Tahoe had nine passengers, and five people were ejected. A man and a woman died at the scene. A westbound minivan struck one of them.
Three other adults were taken to the hospital as well as a 7-year-old boy and two children under the age of 5.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- A hiker got lost, then ignored rescuers' calls because they came from an unknown number
- Inside the world of Buy Nothing, where dryer lint is a hot commodity
- Cheney’s consultants are given an ultimatum: Drop her, or be dropped
- A man said he hired a person with COVID-19 to lick groceries. He got 15 months in prison
Four westbound lanes of the interstate were closed for several hours.