THE HAGUE, Netherlands (AP) — Police say a car carrying two gas canisters has crashed into the town hall of the small Dutch town of Bemmel and burst into flames. One person, believed to be the driver, was found dead at the scene.
Police have not released the identity of the driver but say in a tweet Wednesday that they have a “strong suspicion” about who it is.
Rene Bierman, a spokesman for firefighters, tells national broadcaster NOS that one of the gas bottles exploded in the crash, causing the fire.
Nobody else was hurt in the incident in the early hours of Wednesday morning in the town about 100 kilometers (62 miles) southeast of Amsterdam.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- As probe closes in, Trump distances himself from Cohen
- Some link depression, failed LASIK
- 'Nobody should work here — ever': Teen uses intercom to quit Walmart
- Delta says no more support kittens, puppies on flights
- Amazon executives grilled, jeered at New York City Council hearing
Police say they are investigating the cause of the incident.