ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — Authorities say a camera battery overheated and exploded at the Orlando International Airport, prompting flights to be held.
Orlando police announced on Twitter that no shots were fired and no one was injured Friday evening after travelers heard a loud sound and fled the airport. Passengers have been allowed to re-enter, and checkpoints have reopened.
Police say the lithium-ion battery had been inside a camera and packed in bag, which was smoldering when investigators arrived.
It wasn’t clear where exactly in the airport the explosion occurred or how many flights were affected.
Most Read Stories
- A Washington county that went for Trump is shaken as immigrant neighbors start disappearing VIEW
- Seattle hits record high for income inequality, now rivals San Francisco
- Seahawks' Kam Chancellor likely out for season, report says, but Pete Carroll says nothing official yet WATCH
- Anthony Bourdain brought 'Parts Unknown' to Seattle — here's where he ate
- Kickoff time, TV info announced for 110th Apple Cup