CLOVIS, Calif. (AP) — An 18-year-old Central Valley woman has been arrested after a dead newborn was found in the family’s trash.
The Clovis Police Department said Thursday that Angelena Hamilton gave birth at home without her family’s knowledge. Other members of her family didn’t know she was pregnant.
Police were called to Hamilton’s Clovis home on Wednesday morning after someone reported seeing blood in a trash container.
Officers found the newborn girl’s body and police said Hamilton told them she gave birth. She was taken to a nearby hospital for treatment and then booked on suspicion of involuntary manslaughter and child endangerment.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- White House attempts to clarify Trump's response to whether Russia is still targeting US elections
- Trump says Air Force One to get red, white and blue makeover
- Oregon wheat farmers try to stop fire that's consuming crops VIEW
- Tale of sex, deception emerges about suspected Russian agent
- In India, summer heat could soon be unbearable — literally
Fresno County Jail records don’t indicate if Hamilton is represented by an attorney.