CLOVIS, Calif. (AP) — An 18-year-old Central Valley woman has been arrested after a dead newborn was found in the family’s trash.
The Clovis Police Department said Thursday that Angelena Hamilton gave birth at home without her family’s knowledge. Other members of her family didn’t know she was pregnant.
Police were called to Hamilton’s Clovis home on Wednesday morning after someone reported seeing blood in a trash container.
Officers found the newborn girl’s body and police said Hamilton told them she gave birth. She was taken to a nearby hospital for treatment and then booked on suspicion of involuntary manslaughter and child endangerment.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- California parents of 13 plead guilty to torture, abuse VIEW
- Man's shooting-range wedding proposal was right on target
- Year in space put US astronaut's disease defenses on alert
- India orders 'staggering' eviction of 1 million indigenous people
Fresno County Jail records don’t indicate if Hamilton is represented by an attorney.