FRESNO, Calif. (AP) — Police in California say a waiter returned $32,000 in cash after some diners accidentally left it behind.
The Fresno Bee reports (http://bit.ly/1TU2HNL ) that a mother and son forgot the cash, which was in a navy blue bag, at an Applebee’s restaurant Wednesday night. The money was from a family restaurant and rental income and they were on their way to the bank when they stopped for dinner.
When the waiter found the money he told his boss, who called police.
The money was ultimately returned to the family. The server was not identified. He told police he did not want any publicity. Carrie Hellyer, an area director for Applebee’s, said the waiter said he just wanted to do the right thing.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Luxury cars, MAGA flags and Facebook invites: How an unknown Idaho family organized the Portland rally that turned deadly
- 2 Louisville officers shot amid Breonna Taylor protests VIEW
- N95 masks save lives. So why are they still hard to get this far into a pandemic?
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- How to create a pandemic pod for safe social interaction
Information from: The Fresno Bee, http://www.fresnobee.com