FULLERTON, Calif. (AP) — Authorities say police fatally shot a woman who attacked and wounded her therapist and held her at knifepoint at a Southern California office building.
Fullerton police Sergeant Jon Radus says the suspect was barricaded inside an office with the injured therapist when officers burst in and shot her Thursday morning. The unnamed suspect died at the scene about 30 miles (48 kilometers) southeast of downtown Los Angeles.
The 40-year-old therapist, whose name was not released, was hospitalized with unspecified injuries and is expected to survive.
Officers recovered what Radus described as a “fairly large knife.”
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Police seize guns in Snohomish County from man accused of 'preparing for race war'
- Pelosi takes charge of photo Trump meant as degrading
- 1 dead after plane landing on Alaska island went off runway
- Iowa man finds 5 inches of animal blood flooding basement
- Deputies: Naked man wreaked havoc on business, then showered
Police have not identified a motive.