FULLERTON, Calif. (AP) — Authorities say police fatally shot a woman who attacked and wounded her therapist and held her at knifepoint at a Southern California office building.
Fullerton police Sergeant Jon Radus says the suspect was barricaded inside an office with the injured therapist when officers burst in and shot her Thursday morning. The unnamed suspect died at the scene about 30 miles (48 kilometers) southeast of downtown Los Angeles.
The 40-year-old therapist, whose name was not released, was hospitalized with unspecified injuries and is expected to survive.
Officers recovered what Radus described as a “fairly large knife.”
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump Promotes Posts From Racist Twitter Feed
- With restaurants closed, CDC warns of increasingly aggressive rodents looking for new food sources
- Wealthiest hospitals — including Providence Health System — got billions in bailout for struggling health providers
- Study estimates 24 states still have uncontrolled coronavirus spread
- CDC warns of ‘aggressive’ rats searching for food during shutdowns
Police have not identified a motive.