FULLERTON, Calif. (AP) — Authorities say police fatally shot a woman who attacked and wounded her therapist and held her at knifepoint at a Southern California office building.
Fullerton police Sergeant Jon Radus says the suspect was barricaded inside an office with the injured therapist when officers burst in and shot her Thursday morning. The unnamed suspect died at the scene about 30 miles (48 kilometers) southeast of downtown Los Angeles.
The 40-year-old therapist, whose name was not released, was hospitalized with unspecified injuries and is expected to survive.
Officers recovered what Radus described as a “fairly large knife.”
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Body of missing famed U.S. extreme skier recovered in Nepal
- What are ultra-processed foods? What should I eat instead?
- Fact check: The false claim that Senate GOP seeks ‘to end Social Security and Medicare’
- U.S. mountaineer’s body found two days after avalanche on peak in Nepal
- Daylight saving ends soon. Wait, didn't lawmakers vote to end this?
Police have not identified a motive.