SANTA ANA, Calif. (AP) — A California mother of three who once won the Mrs. Orange County pageant has been charged with using a 4-year-old relative to make child porn.
City News Service says 25-year-old Meghan Alt of Irvine was in court Friday but did not enter a plea. She faces felony charges including possession and control of child pornography and three counts of lewd acts on a child younger than 14.
The Irvine resident was arrested Wednesday. Investigators believe she created and sent sexually explicit images in exchange for cash and gifts.
Police are asking for the public’s help in identifying any potential additional victims.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- At Alaska's most popular national park, climate change threatens the only road in and out
- Moderna vs. Pfizer: Both knockouts, but one seems to have the edge
- Woman raped on train as bystanders did nothing, police say
- 48 hours to live: A hospital's rush to find an ICU bed for a COVID patient
Alt won last year’s Mrs. Orange County pageant and competed in the 2014 Mrs. California contest.
Her next court appearance is set for Oct. 30. It’s not immediately clear whether she has an attorney.