SANTA ANA, Calif. (AP) — A California mother of three who once won the Mrs. Orange County pageant has been charged with using a 4-year-old relative to make child porn.
City News Service says 25-year-old Meghan Alt of Irvine was in court Friday but did not enter a plea. She faces felony charges including possession and control of child pornography and three counts of lewd acts on a child younger than 14.
The Irvine resident was arrested Wednesday. Investigators believe she created and sent sexually explicit images in exchange for cash and gifts.
Police are asking for the public’s help in identifying any potential additional victims.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Wild horses adopted under a federal program are going to slaughter
- A famed folk singer won a presidential pardon after molesting a child. Did he prey on others?
- They’re vaccinated and keeping their masks on, maybe forever
- ‘So I raped you.’ Facebook message renews fight for justice
- The Gateses’ public split spotlights a secretive fortune, with a hush-hush Kirkland entity at the center
Alt won last year’s Mrs. Orange County pageant and competed in the 2014 Mrs. California contest.
Her next court appearance is set for Oct. 30. It’s not immediately clear whether she has an attorney.