ONTARIO, Calif. (AP) — A California mother has been arrested for investigation of murder in the death of her 7-month-old daughter after police say she intentionally hit her boyfriend with a car as he held the baby.
Ontario police Sgt. Jeff Higbee says 19-year-old Sarah Gomez was arrested after the death early Tuesday morning. She’s being held on a $1 million bail.
Higbee says Gomez and her boyfriend were arguing late Monday after they had been drinking at a family gathering.
Higbee says the couple left the gathering with the girl and drove home. Higbee says the boyfriend got out of the car with the baby and that’s when Gomez hit them.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Fake images of Trump arrest show 'giant step' for AI's disruptive power
- What to know about the eyedrops linked to deaths and vision loss
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- End of the rainbow? California bill would ban sales of Skittles, other 'toxic' snacks
- A tree fell, killing two children. Their parents are now warning others
A relative took the father and daughter to a hospital, where the baby died. The father had minor injuries.