SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — A West Sacramento man has been ordered to stand trial for allegedly killing his three children and trying to murder his wife.
A Yolo County judge ruled Friday that Robert Hodges must face trial for the deaths last month of his 11-year-old son, 9-year-old daughter and 7-month-old son.
According to the Sacramento Bee , police testified Friday that Hodges told them he was in financial crisis and had considered killing himself and his family for a year.
Hodges allegedly told police he suffocated his son and used a belt to choke the other children, stopping after each killing to gather his courage.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Iraq broils in dangerous 120-degree heat as power grid shuts down
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Clu Gulager, rugged character actor of film and TV, dies at 93
- Russian men, dying in war, leave many families sad, angry and silent
- Flooding washes away Kentucky coal country stalwarts
He’s also charged with trying to choke his wife.
Hodges has pleaded not guilty to murder and attempted murder. Prosecutors haven’t said whether they’ll seek the death penalty.