LOS ANGELES (AP) — A North Hollywood man who ate his ex-girlfriend’s pet rabbit has been sentenced to community service and counseling.
Prosecutors say Dimitri Diatchenko pleaded guilty Friday to animal cruelty. He was ordered to perform 60 days of community labor and undergo 48 hours of animal cruelty counseling.
Authorities say Diatchenko had been living with his ex-girlfriend after their romance ended when she told him in December they should stop being roommates.
Prosecutors say she was out of the house when Diatchenko skinned and cooked the rabbit and ate part of it, while sending the woman graphic photos of what he did.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Motorcycle stunt rider Alex Harvill dies while trying to break world record in Moses Lake
- US-Canada border restrictions extended until July 21
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- A teen buys repossessed storage units at auction, then gives the contents back to the original owners
- Woman falls to death at indoor climbing gym