SANTA ANA, Calif. (AP) — Police are investigating the death of a California man who was in a fight and then run over by a car.
The Orange County Register reports (http://bit.ly/2xIizBw ) Santa Ana Police Cmdr. Matt Sorenson says officers were called just after 7 p.m. Monday about a pedestrian who had been the victim of a hit-and-run.
Once at the scene, witnesses told investigators they had seen the victim in a fight with another person.
Sorenson says the suspect hit the victim with an unknown object in the upper body and then ran over him with a car. Paramedics took the victim to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump’s shifting explanations follow a familiar playbook
- In America's fastest-growing metro, a rising fear water will run out
- The coming California megastorm
- Anne Heche, TV, film and stage actor, dies at 53 from injuries sustained in L.A. car crash
- As risk of nuclear war grows, study warns even a limited exchange would doom billions
Details about the altercation or a description of the suspect were not immediately available.
Information from: The Orange County Register, http://www.ocregister.com