ONTARIO, Calif. (AP) — California authorities say a 65-year-old man has been killed after a tunnel he was digging in his backyard collapsed while he was inside it.
The Daily Bulletin reports (http://bit.ly/2fqB6vl ) the incident happened on Friday. Police did not release the man’s name.
A neighbor said the man was digging for rocks. The neighbor says he was watching him dig but left, and when he came back the tunnel was collapsed.
Authorities say by the time the neighbor reached the man he was already dead.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A toddler lost in the woods is found asleep using family dog as a pillow
- What to know about the fall equinox
- Jimmy Carter’s final chapter continues with peanut butter ice cream and an upcoming 99th birthday
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Lawmaker proposes sending WA families a gas tax refund check
Information from: Inland Valley Daily Bulletin, http://www.dailybulletin.com