NEW YORK (AP) — A swarm of bees had caused a brief commotion in Times Square in New York City after they made their home atop a hot dog stand.
It happened at 43rd Street and Broadway at about 2 p.m. Tuesday.
The New York Police Department’s bee keepers unit responded to the scene and safely removed the bees.
WABC-TV shows thousands of bees crowding the top of the vendor’s umbrella as a beekeeper sucks them into a hose.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- She moved to the opposite coast, but past catches up to Kavanaugh accuser
- Trump leads aggressive, all-out GOP drive to save Kavanaugh WATCH
- As Senate hearing set for Kavanaugh, new accuser emerges VIEW
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- Coddling parents of Chinese college students stay close by in ‘tents of love’
In a tweet, the NYPD said that “no tourist was harmed and no bee was left behind.”