NEW YORK (AP) — A swarm of bees had caused a brief commotion in Times Square in New York City after they made their home atop a hot dog stand.
It happened at 43rd Street and Broadway at about 2 p.m. Tuesday.
The New York Police Department’s bee keepers unit responded to the scene and safely removed the bees.
WABC-TV shows thousands of bees crowding the top of the vendor’s umbrella as a beekeeper sucks them into a hose.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Harry and Meghan in exile? Palace reportedly eyes Africa move for couple — 'as far away as possible' from William
- Elusive red sprites, like glowing jellyfish in the night sky, photographed in Oklahoma
- Sri Lanka military gets special powers after deadly bombings VIEW
- Claims of shoddy production draw scrutiny to a second Boeing jet
- SpaceX suffers serious setback with crew capsule accident
In a tweet, the NYPD said that “no tourist was harmed and no bee was left behind.”