ROCHESTER, N.Y. — A New York business owner says he’s “just happy to be alive” after being struck by lightning while sitting at his office desk.
Nick Gemayel tells WHEC-TV in Rochester he was inside his auto-repair shop on Monday when severe thunderstorms rolled across the area. He says he saw a bright flash of light from the office light switch, heard a loud crack and then the lights went out.
Gemayel says it was a few minutes before he realized his left hand was blistering from getting hit by the bolt that arced through the light switch.
The garage manager was standing outside the shop door when he saw the bolt strike the sidewalk in front of the building. He wasn’t injured.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A grandma knew she was being scammed, so she decided to swindle the swindler
- They had COVID-19 once. Then, they got it again.
- Single word sparks crossfire between Supreme Court, NPR and its star reporter Nina Totenberg
- An old Virginia plantation, a new owner and a family legacy unveiled
- COVID-19 tests: Different types and when to use them
Gemayel was treated at a hospital and released.
Information from: WHEC-TV, http://www.10nbc.com