PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) — The Greater Providence Chamber of Commerce is hosting a forum to allow business leaders to question the state’s lawmakers about issues affecting their companies.
The chamber says it expects 600 business and civic leaders to attend its annual legislative luncheon.
The event will be held at noon on Wednesday at the Rhode Island Convention Center.
House Speaker Nicholas Mattiello and Senate President Dominick Ruggerio plan to participate.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- Man's shooting-range wedding proposal was right on target
- California parents of 13 plead guilty to torture, abuse VIEW
- In war, as with California wildfires, heroism lives next to horror
- Fire deaths rise to 71 ahead of Trump's California visit WATCH
The Democratic leaders are expected to be joined by the House majority and minority leaders and the Senate majority and minority leaders.
Laurie White, the chamber’s president, is scheduled to speak. The chamber advocates for the business community’s interests in Rhode Island.