BEIJING (AP) — A bus has plunged off a large bridge spanning China’s Yangtze River, with state media saying two people were killed.
Police say the bus suddenly veered into the wrong lane and collided with an oncoming car Sunday before breaking through a guard rail and falling into the wide river in Chongqing in southwestern China.
Divers and other rescue workers were searching for the passengers and driver. Police said that more than 10 people were on the bus.
State broadcaster CCTV said that two people had been confirmed dead.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Claims of shoddy production draw scrutiny to a second Boeing jet
- Easter Sunday bomb blasts kill more than 200 in Sri Lanka VIEW
- Sanders goes on offensive defending credibility after report
- In yogurt world, the Greeks are down, Vikings are up
- Democrats subpoena Mueller report amid calls for impeachment
The cause of the accident is under investigation.