BEIJING (AP) — A bus has plunged off a large bridge spanning China’s Yangtze River, with state media saying two people were killed.
Police say the bus suddenly veered into the wrong lane and collided with an oncoming car Sunday before breaking through a guard rail and falling into the wide river in Chongqing in southwestern China.
Divers and other rescue workers were searching for the passengers and driver. Police said that more than 10 people were on the bus.
State broadcaster CCTV said that two people had been confirmed dead.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Acting defense secretary bows out of running to be confirmed as Pentagon chief
- Citing family strife, Shanahan withdraws as Pentagon nominee
- Trump could have tough time meeting his deportation threat
- Scientists take a peek behind those sad puppy dog eyes
- Acting Pentagon chief, a former Seattle resident, addresses violent domestic incidents as nomination is withdrawn
The cause of the accident is under investigation.