QUETTA, Pakistan (AP) — A Pakistani official says a passenger bus bound for the city of Karachi has skidded off a road and plunged into a ditch in southwestern Pakistan, killing eight people.
Salah Uddin, an official in Mastung district, says the bus was speeding in rainy conditions.
He says two women and three children among the dead and that 15 people were injured. He says the bus left from the Baluchistan provincial capital of Quetta on Saturday night.
Deadly road accidents are common in Pakistan, mainly because of bad road infrastructure and reckless driving, including disregard for traffic regulations and safety standards.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- He threw away a napkin at a hockey game. It was used to charge him in a 1993 murder.
- Obama quietly gives advice to 2020 Democrats, but no endorsement
- Amid Trump’s crackdown, thousands of asylum-seekers on the border are giving up
- Fire deaths rise to 71 ahead of Trump's California visit WATCH