QUETTA, Pakistan (AP) — A Pakistani official says a passenger bus bound for the city of Karachi has skidded off a road and plunged into a ditch in southwestern Pakistan, killing eight people.
Salah Uddin, an official in Mastung district, says the bus was speeding in rainy conditions.
He says two women and three children among the dead and that 15 people were injured. He says the bus left from the Baluchistan provincial capital of Quetta on Saturday night.
Deadly road accidents are common in Pakistan, mainly because of bad road infrastructure and reckless driving, including disregard for traffic regulations and safety standards.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- She moved to the opposite coast, but past catches up to Kavanaugh accuser
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- Patti Davis: Why I don't recall all the details of my sexual assault
- 3 babies, 2 adults stabbed at home that police suspect was a ‘birth tourism’ site
- Mormons to stay outdoors after split with Boy Scouts