BELGRADE, Serbia (AP) — A bus skidded off the road and overturned amid wintry weather in southern Serbia, killing three people and injuring 32 others, police said.
The accident happened early Sunday on the main highway in southern Serbia near the town of Leskovac. Police said the bus had Macedonian license plates and local media reported it was heading toward Austria from Macedonia.
Doctors at the hospital in Leskovac say four of those hurt in the crash have serious injuries but they are not life-threatening.
Serbia and neighboring countries have been blanketed with snow in the past few days, which has slowed down traffic, disrupted power supplies and blocked access to some remote villages.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- AG Barr: Mueller finds no Trump-Russia conspiracy but stops short of exonerating president on obstruction
- Witness describes death plunge of two Yosemite climbers
- Jimmy Kimmel reacts to Spokane backlash proving Gonzaga's existence, then picks Zags to win NCAA tournament
- Poisonous toads infest suburban Florida neighborhood
- Pakistan sentences Czech model to 8 years on drug charge