BELGRADE, Serbia (AP) — A bus skidded off the road and overturned amid wintry weather in southern Serbia, killing three people and injuring 32 others, police said.
The accident happened early Sunday on the main highway in southern Serbia near the town of Leskovac. Police said the bus had Macedonian license plates and local media reported it was heading toward Austria from Macedonia.
Doctors at the hospital in Leskovac say four of those hurt in the crash have serious injuries but they are not life-threatening.
Serbia and neighboring countries have been blanketed with snow in the past few days, which has slowed down traffic, disrupted power supplies and blocked access to some remote villages.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The little-noticed surge across the U.S.-Mexico border: Americans heading south VIEW
- Can 'Jeopardy!' whiz James Holzhauer be beat? The science of memory and recall, explained
- Morehouse College graduates’ student loans to be paid off by billionaire
- Trump's sanctions on Iran are hitting Hezbollah hard
- Oregon college safety officer pleads guilty to killing woman