RIO RANCHO, N.M. (AP) — Sandoval County Sheriff’s officials say they’re investigating a burned body found in northwest Rio Rancho.
They say the body is so badly disfigured that the gender can’t be immediately identified.
Sheriff’s officials say the body was found sometime Saturday afternoon and the incident is being investigated as a suspicious death.
There’s no word yet if authorities have any suspects in the killing.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump tests presidential power, declares emergency at border WATCH
- Unclaimed $1.5B prize: South Carolina could be big loser too
- Year in space put US astronaut's disease defenses on alert
- High-tech degrees and the price of an avocado: The data New York gave to Amazon
- Bombshell book alleges a Vatican gay subculture, hypocrisy