OLD ORCHARD BEACH, Maine (AP) — Police say a hungry burglar helped himself to three frozen pizzas and some ice cream at a church before vandalizing the building.
Pastor Michael Gray said in an email the unidentified burglar ate food and broke the door to the church’s food pantry along with a vase and some other objects. The Journal Tribune reports the suspect got into the Old Orchard Beach United Methodist Church through a door that was left open.
Church officials say they will be more careful with building security.
The church asks members in a Facebook post to “pray for the person or persons” involved in the crime.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Trump escalates attacks on McConnell with 'DEATH WISH' post
- Key Largo is so flooded that crocodiles are swimming in the streets
- Russia withdraws troops after Ukraine encircles key city
- Daylight saving ends soon. Wait, didn't lawmakers vote to end this?
Police continue to investigate.
Information from: Journal Tribune, http://www.journaltribune.com