BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) — A new monument planned for Buffalo’s waterfront will honor African-American military veterans.
State and local officials say the monument will recognize the contributions of African-Americans who have served in all branches of the military during both times of war and peace.
It will be located at the Buffalo & Erie County Naval and Military Park, where several other memorials already stand.
Planners hope to dedicate it on Veterans Day 2018.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Poll worker fired for turning away voters with BLM shirts
- Trump taunts Lesley Stahl of ‘60 Minutes’ after cutting off interview
- Trump and Biden Will Be Muted for Parts of Their Next Debate
- AP finds most arrested in protests aren't leftist radicals
- Conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh says his lung cancer is terminal