BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) — A new monument planned for Buffalo’s waterfront will honor African-American military veterans.
State and local officials say the monument will recognize the contributions of African-Americans who have served in all branches of the military during both times of war and peace.
It will be located at the Buffalo & Erie County Naval and Military Park, where several other memorials already stand.
Planners hope to dedicate it on Veterans Day 2018.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- When can I see my grandkids? Here's some advice.
- Twitter labels Trump's tweets with fact check for first time
- Wealthiest hospitals — including Providence Health System — got billions in bailout for struggling health providers
- A third of Americans now show signs of clinical anxiety or depression, Census Bureau finds
- Undersea explorers find wreck of USS Nevada, the ship that almost escaped Pearl Harbor