BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) — A new monument planned for Buffalo’s waterfront will honor African-American military veterans.
State and local officials say the monument will recognize the contributions of African-Americans who have served in all branches of the military during both times of war and peace.
It will be located at the Buffalo & Erie County Naval and Military Park, where several other memorials already stand.
Planners hope to dedicate it on Veterans Day 2018.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Don’t take a rapid COVID test too soon: How and when to swab
- What is monkeypox, the rare virus now confirmed in the U.S. and Europe?
- Secret Service workers for Biden Asia trip sent home
- Traveling this summer? CDC recommends everyone test for COVID-19 in days before flying
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events