BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) — A new monument planned for Buffalo’s waterfront will honor African-American military veterans.
State and local officials say the monument will recognize the contributions of African-Americans who have served in all branches of the military during both times of war and peace.
It will be located at the Buffalo & Erie County Naval and Military Park, where several other memorials already stand.
Planners hope to dedicate it on Veterans Day 2018.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Family of Pat Tillman angry at military
- The girl in the Kent State photo and the lifelong burden of being a national symbol
- White House offers new tax credit to help spur vaccinations
- Your COVID post-vaccine activities safety guide, including gyms, shopping, taking an Uber and more
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events