ASBURY PARK, N.J. (AP) — Bruce Springsteen will perform at a refurbished 1960s bowling alley-turned music venue in the New Jersey shore town he has immortalized in songs.
Springsteen will be the special guest in Asbury Park on June 18 at the Asbury Lanes concert to benefit the Boys & Girls Club of Monmouth County. The venue reopened last month after major renovations.
Grammy-winning Portugal The Man will headline the show with Tangiers Blues Band.
Tickets are hard to come by. Asbury Park Now and AsburyLanes.com will host a giveaway. Each will offer one fan two free tickets plus a free night’s stay at The Asbury Hotel.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Students in 'MAGA' hats mock Native American after rally VIEW
- Democrats reject, conservatives deride Trump's 'non-starter' of a border wall deal
- As Democrats vow to investigate Trump, Mueller's office issues rare statement rebuking Cohen report
- Former Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz is mulling an independent run for president in 2020
- Call for political action after Laquan McDonald cases
In addition, 100 Asbury Park residents will each have an opportunity to win two free tickets through an online lottery.
Details are available at AsburyLanes.com.