BOCA RATON, Fla. (AP) — Authorities in Florida say the brother of legendary Los Angeles Dodgers manager Tommy Lasorda has been killed in a car crash involving a police officer.
The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office said in an email that 83-year-old Joseph Lasorda made a left turn in front of an unmarked Boca Raton police SUV driven by 30-year-old Sgt. Doug Immler on Thursday night. The accident report says Immler had a green light.
Lasorda was taken to Delray Medical Center, where he died.
While the crash happened in Boca Raton, police officials asked the sheriff’s office to investigate since it involved a police officer.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Supreme Court allows Jan. 6 committee to get Trump documents
- You had breakthrough COVID. Can you start living like it’s 2019?
- Cracker Barrel served a cleaning chemical to a customer; now the restaurant must pay him $9.3M
- Carhartt said vaccination remains mandatory for employees. A conservative backlash ensued
- US charges Belarus with air piracy in reporter's arrest
Officials say Immler was taken to a hospital for treatment of minor injuries.
Lasorda’s wife Gaetana Lasorda told the Palm Beach Post her husband “was personality-plus” and a “friend to everyone.”