INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — The brother of the man authorities considered the mastermind behind a fatal 2012 house explosion in Indianapolis says he has no sympathy over his brother’s recent death.
Bob Leonard tells WXIN-TV that his life and those of the neighborhood residents “would have been better off” had Mark Leonard died from a life-threatening blood disorder months before the blast at his then-girlfriend’s home. The blast killed two neighbors and damaged or destroyed some 80 homes
Bob Leonard says his brother told him during a recent infirmary visit that he didn’t mean to get him in trouble with the plot to collect insurance money on the home. Still, Bob Leonard says “good riddance” about his brother.
The Leonards were sentenced to life in prison. Prison officials say Mark Leonard died Tuesday of natural causes.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Amid Trump’s crackdown, thousands of asylum-seekers on the border are giving up
- Fire deaths rise to 71 ahead of Trump's California visit WATCH
- In war, as with California wildfires, heroism lives next to horror
- Year in space put US astronaut's disease defenses on alert
- Employee being fired fatally shoots 5 co-workers in Illinois WATCH
Information from: WXIN-TV, http://fox59.trb.com/news/