INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — The brother of the man authorities considered the mastermind behind a fatal 2012 house explosion in Indianapolis says he has no sympathy over his brother’s recent death.
Bob Leonard tells WXIN-TV that his life and those of the neighborhood residents “would have been better off” had Mark Leonard died from a life-threatening blood disorder months before the blast at his then-girlfriend’s home. The blast killed two neighbors and damaged or destroyed some 80 homes
Bob Leonard says his brother told him during a recent infirmary visit that he didn’t mean to get him in trouble with the plot to collect insurance money on the home. Still, Bob Leonard says “good riddance” about his brother.
The Leonards were sentenced to life in prison. Prison officials say Mark Leonard died Tuesday of natural causes.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Cosby in cuffs: TV star gets 3 to 10 years for sex assault VIEW
- Kavanaugh’s yearbook page is ‘horrible, hurtful’ to a woman it named
- 'How'd you find me?': Kavanaugh friend Mark Judge has been holed up in a beach house amid media firestorm
- Archaeologists discover 'massive' ancient building in Egypt VIEW
- Mormon women’s group aims call for probe of Kavanaugh allegations at LDS senators
Information from: WXIN-TV, http://fox59.trb.com/news/