GOLDEN, Colo. (AP) — Authorities believe a malfunctioning generator at a supermarket was responsible for making sounds similar to gunshots in suburban Denver last month.
Multiple people reported hearing gun shots the morning of Feb. 23 near a shopping center, leading to warnings for people to stay inside and tightened school security. The Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office released a video with what sounded like over a dozen shots being fired and asked for help finding a possible witness seen in the distance.
But the sheriff’s office says a fresh round of gunshot reports there on Friday led investigators to determine that the source was the generator on the roof of a Safeway store.
Safeway apologized for the disruption and says it’s working to fix the generator as quickly as possible.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Federal judge in Texas rules Obama health-care law unconstitutional
- George Conway calls Trump a liar after Kellyanne Conway defends president on TV
- 'Nobody should work here — ever': Teen uses intercom to quit Walmart
- Some link depression, failed LASIK
- 12-year-old in China kills his mother, then returns to school, igniting an outcry