GOLDEN, Colo. (AP) — Authorities believe a malfunctioning generator at a supermarket was responsible for making sounds similar to gunshots in suburban Denver last month.
Multiple people reported hearing gun shots the morning of Feb. 23 near a shopping center, leading to warnings for people to stay inside and tightened school security. The Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office released a video with what sounded like over a dozen shots being fired and asked for help finding a possible witness seen in the distance.
But the sheriff’s office says a fresh round of gunshot reports there on Friday led investigators to determine that the source was the generator on the roof of a Safeway store.
Safeway apologized for the disruption and says it’s working to fix the generator as quickly as possible.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- Alec Baldwin wonders whether Trump's 'SNL' attack poses 'a threat to my safety'
- Intimidation, pressure and humiliation: Inside Trump’s two-year war on the investigations encircling him VIEW
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- Newspaper calls for KKK resurgence, schools rescind honors