LONDON (AP) — A British student with red hair claims a teacher told her to dye her hair because “orange is not a natural color.”
Paris Lane’s mother has filed a complaint with the Office for Standards in Education, Children’s Services and Skills.
In various media reports, the 12-year-old says she was walking down a hall at Kearsley Academy in Bolton when the teacher made the comment.
Her mother, Nicola, called the school and says she was told by a staff member that they know about her daughter’s natural hair color. She says she had bought her daughter brown dye because she’s been getting “bullied” about being a redhead.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- An old medicine grows new hair for pennies a day, doctors say
- Part of a foot, in a shoe, spotted in Yellowstone hot spring
- Officials warn of misleading COVID rapid test results: Sick but 'negative'
- Colorado homeowner emptied pistol to kill bear that broke in
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
The teacher who allegedly made the comment wasn’t immediately identified. The school says it does not comment about any student.