PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Bradley Cooper’s appearance at the Democratic National Convention has irked some conservative fans of the actor’s portrayal of Navy SEAL Chris Kyle in 2014’s “American Sniper.”
Cooper was spotted by TV cameras Wednesday night seated at the meeting in Philadelphia alongside his Russian model girlfriend, Irina Shayk.
Some Twitter users say they plan to boycott Cooper’s future films over his presence at the convention. Another commented that they thought his experience playing Kyle would have rubbed off on him.
The complaints have been mocked by others who say Cooper was simply acting a role when playing Kyle and conservatives shouldn’t be surprised.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Man gets 10-year sentence for attacking and coughing on person who asked him to pull up mask
- Hacker known as Max is 55-year-old woman from Russia, U.S. says
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Off-duty flight attendant detained after an in-flight struggle, Delta says
- Two Montana sweethearts were fatally shot in 1956. The case was just solved.
Cooper earned an Oscar nomination for “American Sniper,” which became a blockbuster thanks in part to an enthusiastic reception among conservative moviegoers.
Cooper was born and raised in the Philadelphia area.