LOS ANGELES — Brad Pitt is opening up for the first time about his pending divorce from Angelina Jolie and his relationship with their children.
Pitt tells GQ Style magazine that the recent chaos in his personal life was “self-inflicted.” Jolie filed for divorce from Pitt in September, days after it was reported that Pitt was abusive toward their 15-year-old son on a plane. Pitt was eventually cleared by authorities.
The 53-year-old actor says he has quit drinking since then and is seeing a therapist.
Pitt says he and Jolie have agreed to “work together” on shared custody of their six children because it’s “very jarring for the kids, to suddenly have their family ripped apart.”
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Donald Trump stored, showed off and refused to return classified documents, indictment says WATCH
- Man who set Indiana Jones-like trap in Oregon convicted after hurting FBI agent
- He’s 14, just graduated Santa Clara University and about to join SpaceX in Redmond
- What to know about the Trump classified documents investigation
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Pitt says he has to focus less on work and more on listening to his children.