ISLE OF PALMS, S.C. (AP) — There’s been another shark attack in the waters off the coast of the Carolinas.
Area media outlets report that a 12-year-old boy was bitten while swimming off the Isle of Palms northeast of Charleston, South Carolina on Tuesday.
The youngster was swimming with a cousin about 15 feet out in the surf about 6 p.m. when he was bitten. The youth required eight stitches to close the wound.
There have been at least two shark attacks off the South Carolina coast this year.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Hunting leaks, Trump officials subpoenaed Apple for data of 2 Democrats in Congress
- How many oceans does Earth have? National Geographic now says 5.
- A man dumped 80,000 pennies on the lawn for his last child-support payment; his daughter paid it forward
- Oregon House expels GOP lawmaker who let far-right rioters into state Capitol: 'He has shown no remorse'
- 2 passengers test positive for COVID on first North American cruise since pandemic started
Seven people have been attacked by sharks along the North Carolina coast in the past three weeks. The most recent was Wednesday when a 68-year-old man was injured off Ocracoke Island.