ISLE OF PALMS, S.C. (AP) — There’s been another shark attack in the waters off the coast of the Carolinas.
Area media outlets report that a 12-year-old boy was bitten while swimming off the Isle of Palms northeast of Charleston, South Carolina on Tuesday.
The youngster was swimming with a cousin about 15 feet out in the surf about 6 p.m. when he was bitten. The youth required eight stitches to close the wound.
There have been at least two shark attacks off the South Carolina coast this year.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- FBI warned of large-scale nationwide protests by Trump supporters, but they fail to materialize
- McConnell: Trump 'provoked' Capitol siege, mob 'fed lies'
- Man lived inside Chicago's O’Hare airport for 3 months before detection, prosecutors say
- Trump prepares to offer clemency to more than 100 people in final hours in office
- Biden expected to cancel Keystone XL pipeline permit on first day
Seven people have been attacked by sharks along the North Carolina coast in the past three weeks. The most recent was Wednesday when a 68-year-old man was injured off Ocracoke Island.