SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — Police say a 12-year-old boy was severely burned while making camp burners with a church group in Spanish Fork.
KSL-TV reports the boy was flown to a hospital Wednesday night after receiving significant burns to his hands and arms.
Spanish Fork Police Sgt. Cade Harding says a flammable liquid used in the homemade stoves ignited and caught the boy’s clothes on fire. He says the boy had less severe burns on other areas of his body.
Harding says a man also received burns to his hands and legs.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Hawaii authorities say 33 swimmers were harassing dolphins WATCH
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Probiotic supplements may do the opposite of boosting your gut health
- California reparations amount, if any, left to politicians
- Marjorie Taylor Greene’s Twitter feed suspended over anti-trans tweets
Authorities did not release the boy’s name.
Information from: KSL-TV, http://www.ksl.com/