ZUNI, Va. (AP) — Authorities in Virginia say a 5-year-old boy was taken to a hospital in critical condition and his mother has been arrested.
Isle of Wight County Sheriff’s Office spokesman Lt. Tommy Potter said in a news release that workers with county emergency medical services were dispatched for an unresponsive boy Monday.
The Daily Press reports that the child was airlifted in critical condition to the hospital, where he remained Thursday.
More injuries were discovered after the child arrived at the hospital, leading investigators to charge the child’s mother, 32-year-old Jaye Lynn Hadley, with one felony count of child abuse and one count of aggravated malicious wounding.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Claims of shoddy production draw scrutiny to a second Boeing jet
- Democrats subpoena Mueller report amid calls for impeachment
- Sanders goes on offensive defending credibility after report
- A portrait of the White House and its culture of chaos, dishonesty VIEW
- Man angry about virginity pleads guilty to threatening women
The newspaper did not report whether she has a lawyer.
Information from: Daily Press, http://www.dailypress.com/