ZUNI, Va. (AP) — Authorities in Virginia say a 5-year-old boy was taken to a hospital in critical condition and his mother has been arrested.
Isle of Wight County Sheriff’s Office spokesman Lt. Tommy Potter said in a news release that workers with county emergency medical services were dispatched for an unresponsive boy Monday.
The Daily Press reports that the child was airlifted in critical condition to the hospital, where he remained Thursday.
More injuries were discovered after the child arrived at the hospital, leading investigators to charge the child’s mother, 32-year-old Jaye Lynn Hadley, with one felony count of child abuse and one count of aggravated malicious wounding.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- She moved to the opposite coast, but past catches up to Kavanaugh accuser
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- Patti Davis: Why I don't recall all the details of my sexual assault
- As Senate hearing set for Kavanaugh, new accuser emerges VIEW
- Democrats know of second Kavanaugh accuser, New Yorker magazine reports
The newspaper did not report whether she has a lawyer.
Information from: Daily Press, http://www.dailypress.com/