ZUNI, Va. (AP) — Authorities in Virginia say a 5-year-old boy was taken to a hospital in critical condition and his mother has been arrested.
Isle of Wight County Sheriff’s Office spokesman Lt. Tommy Potter said in a news release that workers with county emergency medical services were dispatched for an unresponsive boy Monday.
The Daily Press reports that the child was airlifted in critical condition to the hospital, where he remained Thursday.
More injuries were discovered after the child arrived at the hospital, leading investigators to charge the child’s mother, 32-year-old Jaye Lynn Hadley, with one felony count of child abuse and one count of aggravated malicious wounding.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Hundreds at vigils mourn victims of Branson boat accident WATCH
- Cohen secretly taped Trump discussing payment to Playboy model
- Oregon wheat farmers try to stop fire that's consuming crops VIEW
- As president-elect, Trump was shown classified evidence of Putin’s hand in 2016 meddling
- ‘You’re a daredevil girl!’ U.S. details Russian woman’s quest to sway NRA, GOP to do Moscow’s bidding
The newspaper did not report whether she has a lawyer.
Information from: Daily Press, http://www.dailypress.com/