CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP) — A 14-year-old South Carolina boy has been accused in two separate fatal shootings last month.
The juvenile is charged with two counts of murder and gun possession during a violent crime for the killings in North Charleston. He is accused of shooting 22-year-old McGill Cason in the head July 2 as the victim drove away from a party. Authorities also say the 14-year-old and a 16-year-old killed 17-year-old Knowledge Sumpter of Lincolnville on July 20.
The Post and Courier reports Saturday that Solicitor Scarlett Wilson has not yet decided whether to pursue prosecuting the 14-year-old as an adult.
Police say the two teens were trying to rob Sumpter when the 14-year-old shot him in the chest. Sumpter was found dead in a yard the next day.
Most Read Stories
- Give to panhandlers or don’t? Some towns try cracking down
- Ex-Seahawk Marshawn Lynch watches Raiders game from the stands, rides BART train after being ejected
- Seattle startup co-founder Matt Bencke was ‘a force of nature’ | Obituary
- A chilly La Niña winter likely in Pacific Northwest, but don’t fret about drenching of last year
- Check out this new drone footage of the Bertha-dug Highway 99 tunnel WATCH
Information from: The Post and Courier, http://www.postandcourier.com