ATLANTA (AP) — Police say former world champion boxer Adrien Broner has been arrested after being accused of groping a woman at a popular mall in Atlanta.
Atlanta Police spokesman Donald Hannah says the 28-year-old Broner was charged with sexual assault after his arrest at the Lenox Square Mall on Monday. Hannah says Broner denies the accusation.
Broner is being held at the Fulton County Jail on a $2,000 bond. It’s unclear if Broner has an attorney.
Last year, Broner was stopped in a bullet-riddled car, then arrested on an outstanding warrant in Kentucky. He told police there that he didn’t know who fired at his vehicle.
Most Read Stories
- ‘Suddenly there is a Confederate flag flying’ in Seattle’s Greenwood area – well, not quite
- Washington state lawmakers make speedy move to shield their records from the public
- Meteorologists expect up to an inch of snow Friday in Seattle as cold-weather records fall
- Report: Washington state home to one of the largest cells of notorious white supremacist group WATCH
- Former Huskies star Markelle Fultz received $10K from sports agent before arriving at UW, report says